cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling a contract after it has expired

Anonymous
Not applicable
my o2 contract has expired but is still running i assume on a month to month basis. i couldn't get the deal i wanted as an upgrade, so i have gone into a new contract with o2 via a third party, giving me a new number which i dont want..
Do i have to give any notice to end the expired contract, or can i simply ask them to transfer the number to my new contract?
A friend has said that for her to swap her number from an old contract to a new one, she had to have it swapped to a pre pay number first, then they could change it to her new contract.. how does that work?
Any advice would be appreciated..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all contracts don't expire, once the minimum period is over they keep running until you cancel.
What you should have done is to get this third party to process it as an upgrade rather than a new contract. They should have offered this but get more commission if they treat you as a new customer.
Luckily O2 are flexible and will let you keep your number. If you call them and explain what has happened they will cancel your old contract and transfer the number to your new one.
Your friend would be right for any other network, as they are not as flexible as O2.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks.. do you know if i have to honour a months notice or anything when ending the orignal contract?
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks.. do you know if i have to honour a months notice or anything when ending the orignal contract?

Yes, afaik all mobile contract terminations are subject to the 30 days notice.
Message 4 of 4