Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel device sim only payment

Michele1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We have an ipad with a sim card which we pay monthly, £13.33 per month + VAT. We no longer need this facility as we can do everything on wifi as we are now always home. Do I just cancel the element in our direct debit or will this mess up i phone  contract which is on same bill. There does not seem to be a way to contact O2 directly with a chat line or similar

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michele1 

The only way to cancel the airtime is to pay off the device plan first.

You can't keep device plan and just cancel the airtime Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If the ipad is just a sim only with no device attached you can cancel the airtime by placing your iPad sim in the phone and texting to cancel the sim only deal Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Michele1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

The device ( the I-pad) is fully paid off. This is the airtime that we want to cancel without it affecting the i-phone airtime plan.
Our bill has two devices on it, an I-phone with an airtime plan and an i pad with a sim card.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michele1 

Then it's OK to just cancel the airtime by texting the number on link.

Replace phone sim with iPad sim to do it though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Michele1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6