cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE dongle in laptop "your device wouldn't work...."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works in my wifes laptop at same location but not on this laptop, both same Windows 10 and O2 connection manager.

Interestingly it connected to take £10 for a months use but then gave error message thereafter.

It is pre 4G dongle.

I get notification it as registered on O2 network, which then appears on available networks, click connect and after a moment error occurs.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like a network configuration problem on your laptop as the dongle works fine on another one and is connecting to O2 network OK.
Check in Network and Sharing Center in your control panel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous! How are you doing? Did you manage to get the dongle working as per MI5's suggestion above? Let us know how you're getting on! slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have looked at both laptops and as far as I can see both set alike.

Running network trouble shooter not revealed anything.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try the device in as many other laptops as you can and if they all work it's definitely gonna be an issue with yours.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5