Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wtf is going on?

Alexd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i was a happy member of o2 , until a few days ago i had a few devices on loan, i asked the staff due to the cost of living can i cut off my sim cards and just pay my device plan as my airtime ran up a bill of 2 month, i was told by the staff" you will pay your airtime" no help at all my device plan was up to date, i went to catch up the payment my account was wiped out online, i asked why my account was wiped out online and i was told " your a bad debtor" after dealing with a staff member with an attitude problem, i agreed to pay the amount in 2 weeks, yesterday they cancelled the agreement and sent me a bill for £849.00 and demanding i paid it within 14 days.. then i called them back and there demanding access to my bank they will decide what i can afford to pay.. reallly????

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Alexd 

You need to contact payment management.
Details here Guide: A Guide to Skype 
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Alexd 

You need to contact payment management.
Details here Guide: A Guide to Skype 
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Alexd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried there really rude and wont talk to me they bark at me, and tell me " I must do"

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 have no right to look at your bank account

Payment management could demand full payment but are usually open to a payment plan

I would think if you call the specific management number they would come to a sensible suitable option for you to pay the arrears in two weeks and allow you to continue your contracts providing this is the first time you have been late with payments

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Alexd 

o2 can ask you to provide details of your income and expenditure, but not your bank account details. 

It might also be worth speak to StepChange or Citizens advice as well, to help, as they can help restructure any debts, and speak to o2 on your behalf.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5