Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Delivery Address

SvenStevens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, bought a phone this afternoon from 02, and DPD texted me a few hours later telling me that it's going to be delivered tomorrow. Great - but to an address 02 gave them, which is 100 miles away and I haven't lived there for years. 02 has my current address. Bizarre. Trying to contact 02 to tell them their mistake is impossible, 02 don't have an email address, even for emergencies. And 02 cannot take phone calls after 8pm. And 02 don't offer an online live chat panel. In fact, for a modern comms company, all 02 offer on their website is a postal address to write to, or to wait until tomorrow to call, after 8am. By any measure this is a communications shambles, and as far from effective customer service as you can get. What a mess.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@SvenStevens 

Yes we know all too well unfortunately.

You can arrange for dpd to deliver to a different address though.

Once you have your tracking details, just login on their website and rearrange the delivery.

May not come tomorrow though considering the distance. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

SvenStevens
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh dear so this is a longterm problem?! I think there are basic legal standards which comms companies have to offer, aren't there? My local pizza delivery firm is far easier to communicate with - Facebook, email, phone, text, almost 24/7.

How does 02 get away with being so rubbish?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

It's been almost impossible to contact them since march but wasn't much better before then tbh......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
There is Facebook and Twitter too for O2 but not sure how quickly they respond on there.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5