Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow is anybody reading the t&c they agree to

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I urge all posters to check what the sign up for and understand the facts.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, it's always impressed into you to be a savvy consumer that you should always read the fine print.

No-one likes a price increase, but what is being done isn't illegal, nor a way to get out of your contract. I remember when I was with Sky, my package went up every single year without fail.
Message 2 of 27

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

And they should read other posts regarding the same issue prior to creating duplicate threads slight_smile

Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anybody searching the numerous posts already on here before starting a new thread?
Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said!  I admit to being guilty on occasions of not reading things properly but that's my fault.

Message 5 of 27

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is anybody searching the numerous posts already on here before starting a new thread?

Apparently not. Although its not just the newbies that are creating pointless threads it seems wink

Message 6 of 27

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
I urge all posters to check what the sign up for and understand the facts.

If everyone read every bit of small print of every contract or click through agreement they encountered, they'd have no time to live, not to mention we'd probably find lots of things we weren't in agreement with and wouldn't use the services of almost every company.

Message 7 of 27

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
It's a legal document a_hcir so you need to read and know what you are signing up to
Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case you really can't argue if you're not happy with the Ts & Cs.  It's down to us to read them and don't sign if we don't agree - easier said than done I know but there's no point signing something and then trying to say the company is wrong later on.

And no, I'm not agreeing with the price increases, just saying that once you've signed a legal document (and the cooling off period has passed) you can't blame the company.

Message 9 of 27

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:
It's a legal document a_hcur so you need to know what you are signing up to
If everyone in this thread saying "read the t&c's" has actually read the T&C's before signing or clicking the "I understand" checkbox, I will eat my hat.  My bet is less than a quarter of the public even scan the fine print before signing their lives away, and I'd bet less than 1% of salespeople for o2/their partners make people aware of this clause that's caused so much grief.
o2 has handled this all so poorly. If they intended to do this all along, why weren't their staff making this crystal clear to punters before they signed up?  Worst of all, we're expected to pony up extra dough for nothing - no extra allowances (a few extra MB/minutes/texts would be nice), just a reminder that we can still use priority moments... Absolutely marvellous.  While I'm getting 20% off the accessories at the o2 shop (which cost 50% more than on Amazon anyway) I'll be really thankful for that!

Message 10 of 27