cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will putting a bar on charge-to-mobile stop things getting charged?

Fionnu123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My bill has been ridiculously high each month. Under “Things you’ve bought” almost tripling my monthly bill. However, I am unable to see exactly what I have bought and cancel it there and then. I have an iPhone now and have been told by CS that I had things charged to iTunes. However, some of the charges were from google play which would be from when I had my Samsung. As I do not have access to that google play account anymore, I have asked CS to put a bar on anything being charged to mobile. They have done this for me, but will that completely stop anything being charged from now on? The reason I ask is that she said something along the lines of “I’ve put a bar on but this doesn’t mean the 3rd parties won’t charge you”. I’m at work and the line was bad and didn’t have time to discuss this. Does anyone know the answer ? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

It should stop the charge going through on your O2 account as Google won't be able to collect

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

It should stop the charge going through on your O2 account as Google won't be able to collect

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Fionnu123 

Set a zero spend cap too.

Guide: Spend caps on O2 or in your MyO2 if on the new billing system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3