cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is roaming data not shown in the app ?

gazuk2015
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why is roaming data not shown in the app ?  And I have currently been warned I have used 75% of my 25gb, what’s the next warning ? Do I get warned when im completely empty ? 

thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144899 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@gazuk2015 

Yes you will get a warning at 100% used.

You need to reset the data counter on your phone to track what you are using when roaming as it is unreliable to depend on your MyO2 as it relies on roaming networks sending data use to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144899 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@gazuk2015 

Yes you will get a warning at 100% used.

You need to reset the data counter on your phone to track what you are using when roaming as it is unreliable to depend on your MyO2 as it relies on roaming networks sending data use to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

gazuk2015
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 .

I just thought that roaming data would be updated regularly, granted probably not instantly. 

is 100 % warning the next one after 75% ?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144899 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@gazuk2015 

Yes, it's 75 then 100 for roaming data.

But as you say, the reporting can be delayed as it relies on how quickly the roaming network sends the info back to O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

gazuk2015
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Think it is bad, that I have been on holiday for 2 weeks and my data usage has not changed on my contract sim. Yet we top up up a o2 pay as you go sim, it tells you straight away what has been used!! 

is the 25gb limit , per trip ? (Roaming ) or per SIM card / bundle month ? 

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12129 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

It is per sim per month (assuming you have more than 25gb as part of your deal) @gazuk2015 

There is some delay in seeing your usage on your My o2, but you should be able to see it on your phone?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6