Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been disconnected?

LeeBaker512
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently changed phone contracts to Aerial who are subcontracted by you to serve your customers. I signed up for a 24 month contract still with O2 but administered by them. Today I have received a text message from you saying sorry you're leaving and you have disconnected my phone from the network. Now I can't contact you or Aerial to resolve the issue. At no point have I sent you a notification to disconnect my phone! This also happened to my son's phone last month when we changed contracts. This is a very poor service from a company I have been with for years. I am now having to waste my time trying to contact you and have my phone re connected. I have already missed a meeting due to you cutting off my phone! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

This is a customer community @LeeBaker512 and not o2 customer services.

Aerial Direct are a "trusted partner" of o2 and sell business contracts. They are not someone I would sign with (and nor would most of the regular community members).

The reason you have a "sorry you are leaving" letter is because your number is probably moving from a personal account to a business one, and you will have a new sim in the post. o2 disconnect existing sims when posting a new one.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

This is a customer community @LeeBaker512 and not o2 customer services.

Aerial Direct are a "trusted partner" of o2 and sell business contracts. They are not someone I would sign with (and nor would most of the regular community members).

The reason you have a "sorry you are leaving" letter is because your number is probably moving from a personal account to a business one, and you will have a new sim in the post. o2 disconnect existing sims when posting a new one.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@LeeBaker512 This is not O2. This is a customer community. Aerial are one of O2's so-called 'trusted partners'. If you search the community you will see nothing but horror stories about them. If your contract is now with them, they are the ones you need to deal with.

You can try to contact O2, but I don't know how much good it will do you. 

Call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

LeeBaker512
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info much appreciated 

Message 4 of 4