cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my phone think it's running Vodafone software?

sjw211
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I first got my new phone (December time - Huawei P30 Pro New Edition), I put my O2 SIM in it, but as it is a dual SIM phone, I also put in my Vodafone one for a short time until the contract expired.

I noticed the monthly security patches mentioned Vodafone..

I just also had a major V11 EMUI Update and even the 'main' version is Vodafone (a Vodafone SIM hasn't been in my phone for 3 months or so).

Any idea how I resolve this - or do I need to?  Am I actually getting security updates from anonther Mobile Supplier?

Screenshot_20210302_121903_com.huawei.android.hwouc.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@sjw211 

Looks like it first registered with VF on the Huawei servers so it will always think it's a VF phone.

Try going to Settings >Apps > System update or Software update, and go to Storage > CLEAR DATA.

Then restart your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting - I thought updates came from the Mobile provider, not Huawei.

I did it and it's now slightly different but the VDF still suggests it's Vodafone linked?

Screenshot_20210302_125833_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@sjw211 

Networks don't push any updates. They are all sent by the manufacturer. Networks only give approval.

Yes, it does seem still linked to Voda so maybe a clear data and a reboot to clear cache is required, or worst case, a factory reset?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did the clear data and reboot to get to the point above.

I'm definitely not going to Factory Reset it, it takes me far too long to get up and running again (apps, updates, banking, fingerprint, photos, videos etc. etc....) - just for the text to change suppler.

Thanks though!

Message 5 of 5