cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I chat to someone online about my upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've been trying to find out what options I have to upgrade and was hoping to speak to someone online but all I get when I go in is a message saying "waiting to see if an agent is available?"  Anyone know what the issue is?  I'm a busy man so don't have the time to speak to someone on the phone for half hour about it.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are ongoing problems with contacting CS at the moment which o2 are aware of.
It might be quicker for you to pop into an o2 store or wait a few days for it to be fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are ongoing problems with contacting CS at the moment which o2 are aware of.
It might be quicker for you to pop into an o2 store or wait a few days for it to be fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There are issues contacting anyone in Customer Services currently, both on the phone and through live chat.
The only other option is going to a store if there is one local and you have time.
Otherwise it is just a waiting game I am afraid...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 23

Chattymuch
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

systems were down for a lot of advisors yesterday for most of the day, they are probably experiencing a major backlog of customers

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica"
Message 4 of 23

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The phrase "were down" suggest that they are back up now @Chattymuch. Is this correct or are there still technical issues?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We had complaints of long wait times since Sunday.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for updating @Chattymuch and welcome back!

@gmarkj, there are still a few issues affecting waiting times but I'll see if we have any updates of improvement and full resolution today.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Thanks for updating @Chattymuch and welcome back!

@gmarkj, there are still a few issues affecting waiting times but I'll see if we have any updates of improvement and full resolution today.

I hope so @Toby as people are still complaining.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks @Toby.
As @MI5 mentioned on another topic (sorry, catching up and seen a few with this issue) it would be worth either putting a message on the CS phone so people know, and/or putting something on the web page.
At the very least, if people know there is an issue then they might be a little more understanding.
Just saying waiting times are over 30 minutes or not available is just going to wind them up...

Message 9 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Not a bad shout @gmarkj, I shall send a message about this over to the rest of the team to see if its feasible.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 23