Did you mean: 

Why am I not receiving network service although I’ve purchased O2 travel Bolton

Sup1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gurus 

please advise why I’m not getting network services although I’ve bought O2 travel bolton and enabled data roaming in settings. I’m pay monthly O2 Uk customer currently travelling to India 

thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sup1 

Unfortunately India isn't covered by any bolt on. Neither O2 Travel, nor O2 Travel Inclusive.

You are paying International rates

O2 Travel India.JPG

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# 

Our advice is to either buy a local PAYG sim, or stay with O2 and use only Wifi ,as International rates are extremely high. Communicate with friends and family by using Messenger or Whatsapp over Wifi.

Turn Voicemail off as you will be charged for Voicemails left even if you don't listen to them. You will be charged again if you DO listen to VM.

Finally if you aren't getting any service at all, you need to search for another network.

Reboot phone.

If iPhone change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk.

If none of the above works, then I'm afraid you need to contact O2 and ask them to lift the Roaming bar on your account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sup1 

Unfortunately India isn't covered by any bolt on. Neither O2 Travel, nor O2 Travel Inclusive.

You are paying International rates

O2 Travel India.JPG

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# 

Our advice is to either buy a local PAYG sim, or stay with O2 and use only Wifi ,as International rates are extremely high. Communicate with friends and family by using Messenger or Whatsapp over Wifi.

Turn Voicemail off as you will be charged for Voicemails left even if you don't listen to them. You will be charged again if you DO listen to VM.

Finally if you aren't getting any service at all, you need to search for another network.

Reboot phone.

If iPhone change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk.

If none of the above works, then I'm afraid you need to contact O2 and ask them to lift the Roaming bar on your account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2