Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth is going on?

Marley810
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am appauled and to be honest disgusted. 

So context. I send my phone of for repairs (Using 02 and their partnered repair company) over 17 DAYS ago! I have tried everything in the book I can to "check up" on my repair, but 02 seem to be sending me in a loop to hide the fact they've clearly mugged me off. 

I have tried entering my repair reference number into the "Check up on repair" and it constantly gives me a "Security Code is wrong" despite the fact the decifer (not a rebot) code is always 100% right. I have googled this, it's common, apparently 02 doesn't like you checking in on their repairs. 

I have tried Live Chat. I've had AT LEAST 10+ live chats with "Online Support". They send me in loops and finalise things off with "Can I connect you to our repairs company". Of which I reply "Thank you that would be very helpful". Moments later ALL the chat disapears and the chat says "you have been disconnected". Every person on live chat i've spoken too REFUSES or "Dodges" checking the repair themselves. 

I have tried ringing them. The 02 customer support number is automated, asks me to press (1) "If you know the number you're calling about". Also (2) if I "do not know the number I am talking about". Now pressing 1 asks me to enter a number... the number i'm calling about IS THIS NUMBER. 02 Customer service is what I want, why 02 customer service is asking me to ender ANOTHER number? No idea. If I press "2" the automated bot proceeds to tell me "Sorry, you need to dial a number" or "I don't reconise your choice" 

I am absolutely appauled that i've had no emails, no contect, no messages on My02. No attempted called and no possible sign that they ACTUALLY are even repairing my phone, it ALMOST seems as if theyre trying to hide the fact they've not repaired my phone. 

For those in the community that do decide to read this far and help me, I apologise for the passive agreesive-ness. I'm sure you can understand I am very fraustrated and disgusted with the matter. I pay £70 a month and paid the £90 "Fast Repair Fast Replacement" charge as I use my phone for work / storage and such. 7-10 days I was promised for a full repair. It's been 17days (18 since I reported it) and I haven't heard a word. 

Any advice would be amazing. Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Marley810 

All we can offer:

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Marley810 The O2 online advisors are done for the day, but I will ask @O2Lisa to look into this for you. She will be on at 8 am tomorrow.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Marley810
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much! Been bored of being throw around in loops aha. Thank you for your help! slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marley810 Even 7-10 days is too long without your phone let alone 17, what with the price of contracts and insurance I'm amazed that they can't lend people a phone while the repair is carried out. Shocking.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Loan phones used to be provided by shops but were stopped due to covid risk.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino 

So sorry to hear about this @Marley810, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7