cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is o2's 'fair usage' limit on data ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ive recently upgraded my phone contract with o2. i pay £15 a month for 600 mins, unlimited text messeges and **unlimited** data usage........ive just rang o2 to ask "just what is the limit on this data?" to which they had no answer to.....all im asking is, does anyone know the fair usage or limit for data usage on my mobile phone??? all im worried is that im gunna use up all my allocated data, then be charged an extortionate rate for going over it!
if anyone could help me answer this question, with a certain "mb figure per month" then that would be great.
many thanx, joe
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87314 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5281 Solutions
Contracts taken out after the 24th June are capped at 500Mb per month.
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/ ... andboltons
you can get a data bolt on if your cap is insufficient.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi thanx for ur reply....ive just clicked on the link that you previded and it reads
"For many of our new data tariffs and Bolt Ons, between 24 June 2010 until 30 September 2010 we are offering a promotion whereby customers will be able to enjoy unlimited data in the UK. If you are taking a data tariff or Bolt On which includes unlimited data in the UK during this period then the following excessive usage policy applies:
* All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your sim:
in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied with or intended by us for use with (for example a mobile phone sim only tariff sim is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your sim into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated);
* to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or
* in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers."

so........does that mean until the 30th of september 2010 i have unlimited data usage???? then there after i will incure a 500mb data usage cap?
as when i did ring o2 they, near enough, refused to give me an actual figure???? many thanx steve...
joe
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87314 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5281 Solutions
That's right, unlimited ends 30th September. You can also check this by signing into 'my o2' and checking your allowances.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 4 of 4