cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 02 gold account?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a gold account with 02. My account has been with them for 9/10 years.
My dad has a platinum account, he's been with them for over 20 years
I was wondering.. what priveliges do I get? And what privileges do I get?
Are there actually any special things I get for being loyal to them for 9-10 years?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My dad has a platinum account, he's been with them for over 20 years

^^^ How the #### can you be a mobile phone customer for more than 20 years?????
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 started out as Cellnet in 1985 so you actually could have been a customer for 24 years let alone 20.

To answer the original question platinum customers get a six month early upgrade, gold members three months early and finally silver and blue have the standard one month early. Apart from that there isn't anything hugely different between each level.

Remember though that the tier levels are mainly based around how much you spend not how long you've been with the company.
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
So how many years do you have to be with 02 to have a platinum account? Is it 20 years for platinum and 10 years for gold?
Also what kind of savings do you think the average person makes by using the privilege of upgrading 3 months early? And also from upgrading 6 months early?
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's got nothing to do with how long you are with them. You could be a platinum customer after a year if your bills are big enough.
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said it's really got little to do with how long you've been with o2, if you walk into an o2 store tomorrow and take out a £75 per month contract you'll be immediately tiered as a gold customer.

I don't know anything about getting savings from upgrading early? Just because you're upgrading doesn't necessarily mean you'll be moving to a cheaper tariff. I'd say it's more to do with the fact that the majority of people want to upgrade as early as possible to the latest handset.
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
But what if I'm paying £45 a month for a phone. Instead of paying for 18 months I'm paying for 15 months. Doesn't that save me £135?
Altogether that's £675 I'm paying for the phone (rrp: £540) and the phone bill. So I'm paying £135 for 15 months for the 'phone bill'. Which seems quite cheap to me. And the phone is still mine although I haven't paid for the full 18 months. So that means I could sell it and more money out of it, then get a new contract with a new phone and do the same, right? So when you think about it, that could mean I'm saving money since I'm getting the phone for cheaper than I would if I was paying for the full 18 months. Afterall, I'm not paying £45 for the last 3 months for just the phone bill, that includes the cost of the phone
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get the 3 months early upgrade you would need to be a gold member paying £50 or more a month.
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
That can't be right cause I'm a gold member and I'm only paying £30 a month at the moment...
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your lowest 4 bills in the last year were £30 with no extras that would make you a blue level customer even to get to silver you need total bill of £35 or more.
Message 10 of 20