cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to customer loyalty?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Loyalty ????

I've decided to make a move to a new provider, just on the principle that after being a loyal customer, i find that O2 want to give me the same upgrade options as a new customer!!

I asked them to waive the £100 off the handset price as i have more than offset that over the last year alone, but no. On a 24 month contract, that works out at £4.16 per month. (yet they would knock me £10 off my line rental if i chose a free handset)?

So now its off to pay someone else, i cannot care about a company that doesn't care about me.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 offer all deals the same to new & existing customers now. customer loyalty is a thing of the past it seems

Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same story myself !!! 12 years of loyalty mean nothing Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It obviously doesnt seem to matter to them,I myself a loyal customer for last 12 years will be leaving if I can get them to answer the phone,been trying yesterday evening and this evening .
Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously  ? what happened to customer loyalty ?. They gonna treat us after years like a new one. I can't believe this . I will leave O2 if they don't give me discount !!!!!!

Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 12 days left on current contract and are waiting for something better than a 'new customer deal'. If the offer does not improve I am of with a different provider than values it's long standing customers !!!

Message 6 of 42

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
If you were loyal, you would stay no matter what, but you are looking for your loyalty to be bought by way of discount, so it's not really being loyal.

Funnily enough, other network forums are full of people complaining of the same.

ewan
Message 7 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:
Funnily enough, other network forums are full of people complaining of the same.
ewan

Very true, when anyone finds a network that does all they demand, perhaps they would post back here so we can all join it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 127556 Posts
  • 614 Topics
  • 22191 Solutions
It's a business, not mates rates. If you don't like it leave then next year you'll be moaning the same about your new network.... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 9 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont expect mates rates, What i expect is for a network that i have spent thousands of pounds with, to show me that they value my custom. By saying they will not offer a reduction of £4 per month, is just crazy, My partner is on Vodafone and has already upgraded on pre-order to the iPhone 5 at no cost for the same as what i am paying now.

That is how you reward customers. it's called an incentive.

Message 10 of 42