cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the "Customer careless" service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have switched method of payment from VISA to AMEX over 5 months ago, the problem is that when I registered my new card details on O2 website; the Direct Debit worked only the first time. Every month after that, I had to call O2 and did dozens attempts before the payments went through. Of course, I called AMEX who didn't help resolving this issue either... According to each company; it is not their fault!

O2 blocked my data several months in a raw as my payments were delayed. Every time I called to set up the DD; it was confirmed and I was promised to be sent a proof of this configuration but never received anything. The Customer care representatives lie; hang up on you or put you through other customer care and you need to identify again and again.

I have asked to talk to a supervisor but here again the customer advisors hang up or put you on the back on the IVR. Then you try and ask for a compensation as you're treated like a piece of garbage and once more; same routing of pushing the problem a bit further.

I just realised that another of the irresponsible agent lied about my last bill. She told me that no extra fee was included and there actually was.

Average Customer care you talk to for one call is about 2.5. When finally, in a shop to try to sort this out; I talked to 3 different agents before one put me on the phone. For a change, I was hanged up on and transferred to different agents when asking to cancel my account. Back at one of the agent in the shop; the one had the guts to tell me that he didn't want an "attitude"...

O2 is the cliché of the company that shows attractive windows but once committed; you can never count on anybody. Total incompetence, nobody wants to take responsibilities for what they're paid for.

More info

I blame you for the poor service your customer care provide. Today you lose only one customer but one that can tarnish your brand.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Direct debits have nothing to do with the card issuer. As far as i know, Amex is a credit card, not a bank account. I think your trying to pay via recurring card payment. This might be the issue as amex ain't that popular in the UK.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you want to make a complaint @Anonymous follow advice in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We're all just customers. I f you wish to complain to o2 follow the link given or google for the CEO's email and write to him directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Direct debits have nothing to do with the card issuer. As far as i know, Amex is a credit card, not a bank account. I think your trying to pay via recurring card payment. This might be the issue as amex ain't that popular in the UK.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Curr946 is correct - payments on contract are by direct debit and not re-occuring credit card payments. As stated in the current T&C's and probably in every other T&C's for mobile contracts:

"5.13 We require you to pay your Charges by direct debit unless we tell you otherwise. An additional Charge may apply if you don't pay by direct debit. We will set out the amount of any such charge on our Website. If you are paying by credit or debit card you authorise the payment card company to give us and, on a strictly confidential basis, to our sub-contractors and/or agents, details about your payment card account if it's necessary in connection with the Agreement. You also authorise them to let us know if your payment account is terminated or suspended at any time."

The fact that its Amex isn't really the problem - I'll guess you wanted to get the 1% cash back on transactions by swapping from Visa -  you'll find most credit card companies will only accept a reoccuring payment from a company not an individual (and I think this was a new term added in a couple of years ago not just by Amex but other providers too).

Message 5 of 5