cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Daily Europe not available?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just text DATA to 2020 and I got a SMS back saying:

'Sorry but our new Web Daily Europe rate isn't available on your mobile tarrif at the moment.'

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

what tariff are yon on? it is not available to payg or business customers if on pay monthly call o2 202 for free or use live chat on the contact us page and ask why you cannot get it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on O2 200 12 month not Pay and Go and not Business, ill give them a quick call now.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 CS have no idea why it won't go on my account as according to the guideline thing they have i'm eligible. Team leader has no idea either and they can't add it on manually as it's an automated system. They have escalated it to someone and i'm waiting for a call back sometime next week, but they said it looks as if they have stopped the service.
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87000 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5123 Solutions

It's strange indeed. As you can see from my signature I'm on the rolling 30 day Simplicity tariff and I signed up via the text to 2020, got the reply that it was set up after a couple of days. Have you checked if you can add it via My O2?

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked and it's not showing up there either. She said it was very strange and they have had a few people call in about it, she said they haven't received anything about it being removed but if it's not showing up it normally means its been removed. She said thats the only data bundle they do for Europe.

I would have probably fallen into the 50MB / Day bundle which should be £5 a day with Web Daily Europe, now it's going to cost me £153.50...a day! I'm not going to be paying that so i'm not going to be able to use any data. I told her it's very misleading that it's still being advertised and one if the deciding factors why I went with O2 as I knew i would be going to europe a few times this year and she agreed 100%. I really do hope O2 can add this onto my account 😞

Message 6 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

all data is capped at £40 for 50mb in europe as per the eu regs. and o2 capp for the rest of the world as well at the same rate

"

We stop charging you for data abroad when your data usage reaches £40 (inc VAT); this doesn't mean just Europe, but wherever you are in the world. You can then use up to 50MB without any additional charges.

We'll also send you alerts when you've spent £20 and £40; when you're nearing the 50MB limit and if you reach it. If you do reach 50MB; your data service will automatically stop, so if you want to use more you'll need to opt in to a higher spending cap (ideally before you go) by calling Customer Services." source http://www.o2.co.uk/international/dataabroad_paymonthly

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, well thats some good news, but it's still not £5 like they are advertising 😞
Message 8 of 17

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

where is the web daily europe still being advertised as it used to be on the page linked to above. It keeps appearing then disappering

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/webdailyeurope

Been advertised since I took out my contact about 2 weeks ago, CS said it should be available on Pay Monthly contracts starting from I think it was Q3 2008 - Present, at least thats what there guidebook or whatever they use says and the CS Rep and Team Leader has not had any info about it beeing removed or not available on new contracts, been esceleated to Data Services Team and im apparently going to get a callback within 24hours now.

Message 10 of 17