Did you mean: 

We're reviewing your order

MattC77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed light on my switch from Vodafone to O2.

I have been through 02's online journey to switch to a sim only contract from Vodafone to 02. At the end I received this message on the confirmation page saying: "We've received your order, and it's under review. This can take up to 48 hours. We'll be in touch if we need any more information from you, and we'll let you know once it's been processed."

I also received an email shortly afterward that says: "Thanks for your order - it's now full steam ahead for us.

Keep an eye on your inbox for our updates on progress and delivery."

I am a bit confused. Please can anyone clarify if this means my order has been successful, if not what does "review" mean? I phoned 02 and did not get a straight answer from CS agent

Many thanks

Matt

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@MattC77 

Load of codswallop.. 

If the system refers it to the back office team, it will do it whether the order is placed on the phone or Online. 

That email, just means it been checked and can take upto 5 working days to go through, and will result in a hard credit check either way...

You wont get a straight answer from anyone as they wont know..

Best thing to do is wait it out I am afraid

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MattC77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update. I was able to speak with the 02 sales team, and they advised me that online orders take longer because they credit check is not done automatically. Whereas if they did the sale on the phone, they would have been able to do the credit check whilst on the phone.

Does this not sound odd? Surely the online process would have an automatic credit check built into the process?

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@MattC77 

Load of codswallop.. 

If the system refers it to the back office team, it will do it whether the order is placed on the phone or Online. 

That email, just means it been checked and can take upto 5 working days to go through, and will result in a hard credit check either way...

You wont get a straight answer from anyone as they wont know..

Best thing to do is wait it out I am afraid

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

PaulaaT
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am getting the same message, did you get a reply? 

Message 4 of 4