cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was removed from my rolling plan with no warning despite still being charged at start of month

JHTD26031997
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I signed up for the £10 rolling plan in November and it worked perfectly until this month. I got the usual text 2 days before saying they’d be taking the money from my account, and 2 days later the money was taken. I didn’t receive a confirmation text though, and yesterday I got a text saying that I needed to sign up for a rolling plan. This confused me so I checked my account and I had been taken off the plan! I called customer support this morning and they said that o2 never received the money… On my bank statements it clearly says there was a payment to o2 on the 3rd January. And I feel this doesn’t explain why I was taken off the rolling plan either - I never got a text warning that I had a low balance or that I was being removed etc. 

I was put back on to the 7GB big bundle plan by customer support because I urgently needed data for today, and they said they would do it without charging me but needed to clarify that “my O2 account was definitely not topped up this month.” I’m so so annoyed - where did my money go? Why was I taken off the plan? Is the direct debit still set up and will I be charged again next month? 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@JHTD26031997 

Get the payment reference from your bank and then call payment management to trace the payment.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@JHTD26031997 

Get the payment reference from your bank and then call payment management to trace the payment.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

JHTD26031997
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant, will give this a shot. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Clarkes61
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have had the same issue here .. who needs scammers when you have a great company like this

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Clarkes61 

Before contacting O2, I suggest that you contact your bank to obtain the unique transaction identification number of your payment. It will be a sixteen digit number. O2 will need you to provide that so that they can search for your remittance in their accounting records.   

Contact details are in @MI5's post above or in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 6 of 6