Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefit

Rash0007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, so I have been looking at some of the benefits of volt and one that immediately stood out is the £150 off upfront cost of a new phone contract , I have been trying to call 02 all day to get further details but as I now know that there has been some sort of issue regarding payment/ bills no wonder I couldn't get through , my questions are as follows is this a normal 02 contract airtime and phone plan separate and other one is there some sort of catch ? Could I cancel the contract once I paid the full amount off ? Thanks for any answers or advice 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rash0007 

There's no catch and yes it is for a refresh contract Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

It means you can add £150 to the upfront cost of your custom plan for free https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

You can pay off the device plan anytime you want but you must at least keep an airtime plan running to maintain the volt benefits.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Rash0007 

If you cancel the contract you lose all Volt benefits, and you need to take out a refresh plan, with both airtime and device plan, both are linked together. 

Also bare in mind that if you cancel with VM benefits they may charge you for downgrading you back, and also for the remainder of the VM Contract...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rash0007 

There's no catch and yes it is for a refresh contract Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

It means you can add £150 to the upfront cost of your custom plan for free https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

You can pay off the device plan anytime you want but you must at least keep an airtime plan running to maintain the volt benefits.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Rash0007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I still haven't been able to actually get to talk to a sales person on the phone , delays and then cutoff or I been waiting upto 45 minutes , so I have another question can I upgrade and still get this benefit I'm on SIM only at the moment I have had for about 9 months ? 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I finally managed to get someone on the phone and I knew it that 'too good to be true' moment so the £150 upfront is for a connected device smartwatch , tablet etc not the phone itself or that what the agent told me , basically I get a iPhone then the connected device would be £150 off upfront cost .

Message 6 of 6