Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Petcha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning when I leave a voicemail if I stop talking it says voicemail deposited and it cuts off. If i stop speaking for about 3 seconds how can i stop this from happening

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Petcha 

It has been implemented on other networks for a while so O2 must have just updated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Petcha 

You must keep talking.

If the system detects a pause in sound it thinks the message is complete and will stop recording.

This is to prevent users from receiving long blank messages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Petcha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok this seems strange as my son stutters and it keeps cutting him off only as from yesterday as this has never done this before

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Petcha 

It has been implemented on other networks for a while so O2 must have just updated.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Petcha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thankyou

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Nick_selkent
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
O2 have a new voicemail system. Nearly all the options are the same though but I guess it was to do with the previous system being in use since BT Cellnet days with bits added on over the years when Voicemail 902(advanced voicemail) was scrapped
Message 7 of 7