Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointing service- will be leaving O2

kylie_bam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been a customer for almost 15 years. 

My O2 has alerted me that I can receive my upgrade early, its states my contract is due to end 17th August 2018.

Im looking for the iPhone X as the new iPhone comes out in September (3 months), so I wanted the newest one as I will just miss the newest model release by a month.

When looking at your site in comparison to other networks, your tariffs are the most expensive.

I called to see if you can beat or match the best offer, that being Tescos, iPhone X £59.25 with no upfront costs. Your deal for the closes tariff being £80 and £9.99 upfront costs.

Being a valued customer of over a decade, and never asking for price comparisons I didn’t feel I was being unreasonable. Especially when these tariffs will drastically be lowered in a couple of months when the new iPhone is released and I will be stuck in a 2 year contract at an even higher price in comparison to everywhere else and the new release. 

The only deal I was offered was a family discount as two other members at this address are also with O2. Meaning the cost was £63 a month with a £59.99 up front cost. Not even close and no discount on the upfront cost nor the tariff. And the family discount has never been offered to any of us throughout all our time as customers with O2!

The £96 early upgrade fee waver is not an offer for a customer, that is part of the flexi contracts, a service you sell us and we pay for! This is not a reward for being a valued customer.

I told the adviser that I will be leaving O2 and moving to Tesco Mobile. To then be told that the date on my O2 for my contract ending, 17th July 2018, is actually in fact not my end date but the date I can call and give 30 days notice to end my contract on my real end date of 16th August 2018. This not mentioned anywhere on my O2 account and is very miss leading!

I am not happy with this service and I will be leaving when I can end my contract!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @kylie_bam this isn’t o2 you are taking too. 

Use the complaints details off this link to complain to O2 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 allow you to upgrade early but the end date should be clearly written in My O2 if you click on Tariff. 

Message 3 of 5

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Can't you deal with your local shop agent that you can wait this month, use your old handset and get the new one as soon as it's available?

On my Telekom-contract the contract just continues and you renew it as soon as you wish the new handset..

Here are only other costumers trying to help each other, not O2 itself...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 4 of 5

packages
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What's with the formatting of this post? Urrgghhh

Voting with your wallet to Tesco Mobile doesn't really work in this instance. Tesco Mobile use O2's network and is 50% owned by O2.....
Message 5 of 5