cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using wifi on 100mb - the basics for iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone clarify something for me please? After a year on contract with O2, I wish to lower my tariff. I only use 20-30MB of data each month so would like to change my bolt on to 'the basics for iPhone' which gives me 100MB of data. On my current tariff I have unlimited wifi, but this is not available on the lower tariff. Does this mean I cannot access the wifi in my house (which I already pay for!)? My OH seems to think that the unlimited wifi refers to Cloud, BT Openzone etc. is this right? I don't want to lower the tariff if I can't access wifi in my own home, which is where I use it most and why I don't use much data! Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2's offer of wifi is that of btopenzone and now its own so any usage at home on your wifi is ok.

O2 wifi is free to all and is rolling out to more places.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
you are not able to get the Unlimited Wifi on the 100mb data plans

only on the All Rounder Data Plans (250mb, 500mb, 750mb) and Works (1gb)
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Does this mean I cannot access the wifi in my house (which I already pay for!)?

No, your home broadband wifi is free (bought and paid for as you said) and you can use it as much as you like.

To use O2 Wifi when away from home is free for everyone and you can register for that here:

http://o2wifi.co.uk/

I think d444nyc misread your question.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah sorry, My fault grin

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use public wifi hotspots from The Cloud if you register with them for a free account. 

Message 6 of 6