Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my allowance in the USA

Rob54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last year prior to going to Florida I purchased a "3" sim for £10 which gave me 8GB of data and unlimited minutes and texts to call UK registered numbers for a period of 30 days. What cost would I incur if I used my O2 sim?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Rob54 wrote:

So with the free bolt-on any calls or texts to UK numbers whilst in Florida won`t incur any charges. Is that correct? Thanks

@Rob54 

As long as you have Travel Inclusive, yes.

You'll need to have 4g calling enabled and if AT&T doesn't work, switch manually to T-Mobile.

USA - Roaming with O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Rob54 

Depends on your tariff and bolt ons.

See guides:

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

USA - Roaming with O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Rob54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m on a SIM only plan. If I have the travel inclusive bolt on it`s going to cost me £6 per day if used. With "3" £10 card I get unlimited minutes and texts and 8GB for 30 days. It`s a no brainer. IMO £6 per day used is a rip off.

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you have Travel Inclusive bolt on there is no charge for roaming in the US

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Rob54 

Travel inclusive is free use.

It's O2 travel that is £6 per day.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You’ll get a daily allowance of Unlimited minutes, texts and data when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included. 

Message 6 of 13

Rob54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So with the free bolt-on any calls or texts to UK numbers whilst in Florida won`t incur any charges. Is that correct? Thanks

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Rob54 wrote:

@Rob54 

As long as you have Travel Inclusive, yes.

You'll need to have 4g calling enabled and if AT&T doesn't work, switch manually to T-Mobile.

USA - Roaming with O2 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Rob54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have "O2 travel" (with O2 travel inclusive zone). Is this the bolt-on that I need? Sorry for all the Q`s

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Rob54 

Yes, that's the one

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13