Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi,

I'm due an upgrade by the end of the month obviously currently on refresh the question I've got is because of COVID it looks as though the release of the new iPhone isn't going to happen until October this year as suppose to the usual sepetember launch I have heard the 12 will be released in October and the pro versions of the 12 not until November now obviously I would much prefer to wait the couple of months and upgrade to the new iPhone I'm told if I don't upgrade by the end of this month I'll automatically be put onto a 30 day sim only contract and I'll be able to upgrade to the new phone when it's released the question is am I credit checked again because I'll be moving from a sim only to a device plan? I am aware when upgrading from a device plan still in contract to a new device plan I am not credit checked however because I'll be on a sim only and moving to a device plan am I credit checked again 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Melissa
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi , no you will not be credit checked again it will still work as normal with regards to upgrading when the phone you would like to upgrade to comes out.
Hope this helps.
signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

O2Melissa
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi , no you will not be credit checked again it will still work as normal with regards to upgrading when the phone you would like to upgrade to comes out.
Hope this helps.
signature
Message 2 of 4

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So to confirm even when you upgrade from a 30 day sim only contract to a new device you are not credit checked for this?

thanks

Message 3 of 4

O2Melissa
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 42 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
That's correct , if you move from a device plan to a sim only and then decide to upgrade to a new phone this will not require a credit check.
signature
Message 4 of 4