cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from simplicity to IPhone contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I wish next week, to upgrade to an IPhone 3gS 32 GB I think. It is ashame I can't buy the IPhone on a sim only contract and still keep my deal but never mind.
If I upgrade, what happens? I buy out my contract, then what? can I just put my simplicity sim in the iPhone when I get it as I assume that same sim will be an "iphone" one, fthus requiring no new sim, for want of a better term? Also how does my number get ported? I assume someone has done all this?
My contacts you see are on my sim and I use it in my unlocked nokia n82 at present

If I order the IPhone now you see I am informed I can have it by next week on wednesday merry xmas to you all by the way and sorry for the lengthy post
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are an existing customer with o2 and you are on a simplicity deal, you will not need to buy out your contract. Your existing SIM card should still work, (you may require a 3G sim depending if you have one or not). Your next bill will be pro rata (basically a bit of your old tariff and a bit of your new tariff).
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi it looks like as I am on the 12 month simplicity, with 3 months remaining on my contract i am due to pay that off first then upgrade. so I assume that if I go to the IpHone this sime I use will be upgraded?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it will be an upgrade. You get to upgrade after 9 months on a 12 month simplicity deal.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it will be an upgrade. You get to upgrade after 9 months on a 12 month simplicity deal.

Only to a limited range of handsets.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would still phone up and try it. I've not actually upgraded anyone whose been on a 12 month simplicity just yet, but I would ring up and query this.
Message 6 of 6