Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from sim only

Lisa_m_marie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m an o2 customer and I have two sim only contracts. I’ve now been a customer for six months and I am able to upgrade to handsets on the 13th of this month. What I’m wondering a so get a lot of mixed answers is will I be credit checked again on both sim only agreements before I am eligible to upgrade them to handsets? I have a bad credit score and that concerns me, also what is the likely hood of moth contracts being upgraded the same day? Every bill on both numbers has been paid on time, even when they’ve gone over the amount has still been paid no late payments etc. I heard an affordability form would be required and my annual income is around 18,000 I’m worries this will be decline for two handsets 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Lisa_m_marie 

There are no credit checks for upgrades.

The purpose of going sim only is to prove your ability to meet the requirements.

As far as affordability is concerned, you will need to answer the questions asked honestly and then wait for the computer to make a decision.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2