cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Contract...do bolt on's stay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to upgrade my contract to a more expensive one through my o2 as I currently dont have enough data etc. The only thing is I currently have a o2 Open bolt on which gives me 30% off my bill each month and I am wanting to know will that get wiped off if I change my contract or will that stay on without me having to do anything?

Thanks

Tom

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom and welcome to the community as long as you are still eligible for the open discount code which you get from here https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/SignUp then yes you can have it on an upgrade bear in mind the upgrade has to be done in an O2 store and that open now gives you 30% off of the airtime part of a refresh contract you have to pay full price on the phone plan part
Hope this answers your question slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Rach1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Tom, As far as im aware each time you upgrade your phone any discounts you may have are removed and need to be readded at point of upgrade. This can be done by resubmitting your discount code as long as your still eligable. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom and welcome to the community as long as you are still eligible for the open discount code which you get from here https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/SignUp then yes you can have it on an upgrade bear in mind the upgrade has to be done in an O2 store and that open now gives you 30% off of the airtime part of a refresh contract you have to pay full price on the phone plan part
Hope this answers your question slight_smile
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
To just change your tariff to a higher data plan you will be fine.
I just did this last month and retained my discount.
To give added peace of mind if you call 202 and speak to a cs rep they can do the tariff change for you and it will warn them (before they proceed) on their screen if your discount would be lost (it comes up in big red writing on their terminals).
Your length of time for contract won't change and you are not taking a new contract so shouldn't be a problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help guys...I upgraded the contract though the website and on the next screen it showed me in this plain sight which bolt ons were removed and the others that would move with me.

Thanks again
Message 5 of 5