cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my SIM only plan for an iPad now my SIM only number I can't make or receive calls

overthebar77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Can anyone please advise I upgraded my SIM only contract (calls, texts and data) to an iPad. Innocently I assumed I would receive a new number with the iPad but that is not the case. The problem is I used the number in a mobile for years. Now it's linked to my iPad. Has anyone else been in the same situation? I have asked in an O2 store and they advised I would have to pay off the device in full so then I would be able to add the calling feature again to the number.  I asked also could a SIM swap work and they said my next bill would then ask for the device full amount. Would possibly a divert work for incoming calls to my old number to another number I'll use until the device is paid off in full? any ideas please would be appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@overthebar77 

Unfortunately you are stuck with what you have until the ipad is paid off.

Did you not see the warnings online when you upgraded rather than taking a new contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@overthebar77 

Unfortunately you are stuck with what you have until the ipad is paid off.

Did you not see the warnings online when you upgraded rather than taking a new contract?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2