Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded To new phone but its now delayed

JPGamingUK1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello hoping someone can help me as I'm so confused right now, O2 called me today and said if I upgrade early to the Galaxy s22 which I have done then the rest of my existing contract will be wavered. The new phone was supposed to be here tomorrow but its now out of stock and could take weeks. The next bill for my old contract is due to be issued in 4 days. Now my new phone is delayed and the new contract won't start till its been dispatched what happens if I get a bill for my old contract on the 9th April as I won't be able to pay for 2 contracts this month if the new phone arrives in the next week or so... please help my brain is fried

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@JPGamingUK1 

Are you sure it was o2, as o2 don't generally cold call asking about upgrades and in particular with an in demand phone.

You dont pay for 2 contracts, you just pay on your next billing cycle, for the upgraded contract and the new airtime which is pro rata'd

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@JPGamingUK1 

I would cancel the new contract. You have 14 days to change your mind. Are you sure it was O2 who phoned you? It sounds as if it may be one of their so called 'trusted partners'. O2 don't normally phone their customers.

As the phone is out of stock you have every right to cancel.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

JPGamingUK1
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was defo O2 as the order is showing in the My Orders area in My O2 just says out of stock and there working on it, have spoken to someone at o2 it's definitely been wavered. But they have just left me wondering if I'm still under my old contract until my new phone is back in stock 

Message 4 of 4