Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - phone out of stock

HellOnEarth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my iPhone XS had a fall and the screen digitizer has a nice black spot in one corner now (and it's slowly increasing in size) so I thought I would upgrade since I don't have much left on the device plan to pay off on one of my two contracts and I have the money to do so now. Reparing the screen would cost like £300 with Apple (third party cheap repairs aren't the same quality and you lose some functions) so, yeah, pointless. 

My plan was to upgrade and then sell the defective iPhone which would more than cover the upgrade cost. 

I chose the gold iPhone 11 Pro 64GB which always showed as in stock on the website when I was browsing and trying to make a choice in the last week. 

Paid off the device plan and placed the order yesterday evening. I then got an email saying the phone is out of stock and no time frame for when it will be back in stock.

Thank you very much O2 expressionless

Why was the phone showing as in stock then all this time? 

Would have been nice to have been given a time frame. Also apparently even if I cancelled the upgrade they wouldn't refund the amount I paid off. 

Would be nice if stock levels were shown accurately! Also, would be nice if o2 gave us an option to cancel an order not in stock online without having to faff with the customer service, especially in the middle of this crisis right now; that way I could choose something in stock maybe as I am not too fussed about colours. 

I am quite disappointed. No phone and no idea when i can have it, and I have already paid off the device plan. I would have to contact the CS I guess to see if they even know. 

Even now I have checked the website and it still says it's in stock! Ridiculous. You can all check. 

Has anyone been told what the timeframe is if they have found themselves in a similar situation? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@HellOnEarth 

That's standard for O2 as the website stock levels are not live and not updated regularly.

I can't imagine you'd have to wait long though as stocks of the 11 should be available.

Maybe O2 just wait until they have a few orders to fulfil and then order a bunch at the same time, who know's? Certainly not us here as this has been the same for as long as I can remember.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

HellOnEarth
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.

I imagined that would be the answer but on some models they do say "hurry up, few left" or something like that and some are shown as OOS, so they must have an idea of stock levels.

Makes 0 sense to me and now I have no phone, less money they have taken already of course and no idea of when the phone will be delivered when I was in a hurry to get one.

I would have gone for something else if they had correctly shown that model as unavailable. Not my fault. Sorry for the rant but I am kind of annoyed. 

I have changed a few phones with them over the years and first time something like this happens. It's not even a newly released model where you'd expect them to be sold out. When I am paying quite a lot for their contracts I expect better than "who knows when you will get it". 

Well I was wondering if anyone else had tried to get one this week and was told maybe a timeframe. I know no one on here can actually know O2's stock levels. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Understandable that you are annoyed.
Sorry we can't be of more help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4