cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone later

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! I have a phone upgrade option on the 14th of November (one month early upgrade) but I think I wanna wait until early spring when the SGS 5 is due to come out since I don't wanna get SGS 4 with quite a few months on its back. Is that doable? In the meantime can I drop my minutes and stuff and then upgrade to the SGS 5 and move them up again? Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Simplicity will give you some allowances and allow you to upgrade whenever you are ready. Go for the 30 day Simplicity, you never know if you will see a better offer on other networks or through the independent retailers.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI.

You can hang on and upgrade at a later date as far as im aware.

You'll just drop onto a 30 day rolling contract.

Customers who took out their contract after March 12 cannot downgrade their tariff.

Check in My02 to see whats available to you.

Contact 02 Customer Services for further clarification on 202. 

Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just move to a sim only 30 day tariff and save money untill the handset is out that you want to upgrade to. you do this at the end of full contract date. just ring 202 30 days before to arrange it.

options here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/SmartPhone/?is4G=false

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Your contract will roll on a 30 day basis if you do nothing and you can upgrade at any time thereafter. You either carry on your contract, end your contract or transfer to P&G if you want to wait for the new launch. You can't suspend the contract although you may be able to lower the tariff.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys! I already downgraded from 600 minutes to 300 minutes after year one. So you suggest that I transfer to a SIM only tariff if I can't downgrade the contract? It's gonna be considerably cheaper I guess. If I keep paying 31.68 GBP for 6 months, it's gonna be a total fail since I won't be getting a new phone for a while I think. So, calling customer care seems like the best course of action to me! Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Simplicity will give you some allowances and allow you to upgrade whenever you are ready. Go for the 30 day Simplicity, you never know if you will see a better offer on other networks or through the independent retailers.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simplicity at 26GBP including 2GB looks smoking! Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 7