cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or simplicity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I'm wondering if what I've encountered has happened to everyone else aswell.

My contract was up for renewal yesterday, I was already amazed that noone from o2 called me to get me upgraded, unlike three does.

Anyway today I called and I understand they can't give a discount to excisting customers as they are buying the phones from Apple

But I wanted to get the golden 64gb one, which they don't know when they'll have in stock

Also I dont want unlimited minutes & texts, I'm on the 900 deal and that is more than enough for me

Now the customer service tells me very unpleasantly (I've worked for customer service before and O2 should be a little more friendlier and if they don't like their job, they should quit!) that, that tariff doesn't excist anymore, so I have to pay extra even though I don't want that tariff (and even though I'm on that tariff right now with my 4s)

So I understood and said, ok what do I have to pay if I want to wait for the Golden Iphone 5s

He tells me the simplicity deal is £31.

Now is it me or is that expensive? If I get the Iphone 5s, I'll have to pay £42 - £17 tariff and £25 handset, but if I stay with my current handset all they can give me is £31 pounds a month? How is that fair? I even asked if I could already start paying the 42 and get on back order but that's not an option either.

All the other options I'll be bound to it for or 3 or 6months. I want a contract in which I pay cheaper and the moment the Iphones are in stock, I can go get upgraded.

The fact that the customer service person was rude and acted like a know it all didn't help much either, especially when I'm willing to stay with o2.

Sigh, I've always been so positive about o2, but this has really put me off.

So any tips on what I should do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can choose any of the 30 day deals here whilst you wait for stock https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can choose any of the 30 day deals here whilst you wait for stock https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Being told no, when asking for something that can't be done often seems to have this effect.

I doubt they were intentionally being rude.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could sell your current phone and use the funds raised to help buy the iPhone when it's in stock ,and use your existing tariff.

Then when you've bought the iPhone you want perform a swap my sim from your micro card to a blank nano SIM card.
Message 4 of 4