Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues - Holding Funds

Markd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

At the end of my wits with O2 at the minute. I have been trying to upgrade my phone for nearly two days and every time I get to the upfront payments page to enter the card details, it goes through the payments process and then takes me back to the payment page again.

I have tried several times (different devices, browsers etc) and no progress. I elected to pay a large proportion of the device upfront and to my astonishment, they have now got over 2K in funds held pending authorisation on my account, as I tried the order a few times. But I cannot get anyone to help me, just being told, it will refund in x amount of days. 

I'm astonished by the poor customer service lately, they used to be so good, but now just seem to either not care, or don't really know what they are doing. Spent hours being bounced around departments, being cut off etc). Just can't get anywhere.

I am sure the money will drop back in, but try and get them to help me as a result of their ineffective IT and getting absolutely nothing. 

Has anyone else had this experience? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@O2Sarah- can you please assist @Markd?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Markd Usually in these cases it is the bank that holds the funds but I will send you a private message to make sure we don't have any pending orders slowing this down. 

Message 3 of 7

Markd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- 

Message 4 of 7

Tid
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has just happened to me can you please advice 

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Tid 

You need to speak to your bank, as they are holding the funds, and there is nothing o2 can do to release them, now depending on how your bank works it can take between 24hours and 14 days for these funds to be returned to your account. 

I will reiterate o2 do not have your money. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Markd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dont think there is much that can be done. Bank say that the merchant needs to cancel the authorisation, O2 say they have nothing holding, so it's a case of waiting for the bank to clear it down. Very, very frustrating to be honest. I am having to wait until Tuesday before the holds are released! It's annoying but I don't think that there is a solution.

Message 7 of 7