Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade found through third party

Amadeusf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a current contract with O2 and I am eligible for an upgrade from today, I have found a deal with O2 but through a third party. If I order the phone I've found through the third party, what do I need to do with regards to keeping my number? As I am staying with O2 I guess I don't need to request a PAC code.

I've previously spoken with the upgrade team who couldn't get close to the deal I've found.

Also how would billing etc for this month work if I were to order the new phone today? Would I have a final bill to pay on this current contract?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@Amadeusf 

You need to get your new contract then call O2 to migrate your number to it which will close the old contract and generate your final bill.

You only pay up to the day you migrate your number from the old contract, then your new contract will be billed from the start date of that one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@Amadeusf 

You need to get your new contract then call O2 to migrate your number to it which will close the old contract and generate your final bill.

You only pay up to the day you migrate your number from the old contract, then your new contract will be billed from the start date of that one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 10

Amadeusf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah brilliant, cheers for the info.

Still don't quite understand why O2 can't just match the contract it would be so much simpler.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@Amadeusf 

It's all because of the commission they pay to third parties which they use to discount contracts.

It would be much easier for the customer but the accountants prefer it this way !

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 10

Amadeusf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers for you help previously, do you know which particular line I need to get though to o2 on to get the number migrated over. Just received the new SIM.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

Hi @Amadeusf 

Try any of these numbers Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Say "upgrade" when you call.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 10

Amadeusf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant! Thanks again
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
You're most welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 10

Amadeusf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I requested last Thursday for the number on my old contract to be migrated to my new one, however it's still not gone through, how much time should I give it before chasing it up?
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123495 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Amadeusf 

I would be contacting O2 now. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10