cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade date suddenly changed??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so a short history…I joined O2 on 19th May (SIM Only £14.99 a month 30GB data 24M). And received my sim a few days later. I was under the impression I could upgrade to a device after 3 months and true enough when I logged into O2 on 22nd May it said I could upgrade to a new sim only plan straight away OR upgrade to a device in 2 months and 28 days time. When I logged in this morning it is now saying upgrade to a new sim only plan straight away OR upgrade to a device in 5 months and 19 days time. Why the sudden change? The only change between joining O2 and today is I’ve paid my first bill (a good change surely?) yet they’ve pushed my upgrade date back by 3 months? Is this some sort of elaborate scam to get you to join, carry out your 14 day probationary period then screw you over?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122996 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous 

This has happened before to others. Sometimes it can be due to a late or missed payment. If that isn't the case with you, then contact Sales at O2.

Call them on 0800 081 0255 OR message them on Social Media  -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had one bill (within days of my service being activated) not due till 6th June but paid early, in full. So it’s definitely not that. I know it says on the upgrade page “3 or 6 months depending on your credit status”. If it had said 6 months from the beginning I wouldn’t be posting here right now but to be told 3 months and then for it to change overnight for no reason is insulting.

Here’s a screenshot 22nd May:

D6E31FEB-2B80-481B-8623-2937C4A21DC7.jpeg

and then here’s a screenshot from today

08C24696-8949-4132-885C-549461EDD518.jpeg

I have given O2 no reason to extend my upgrade date during the brief period of time since I became a customer. I’ve paid off my first bill EARLY, and in full. If I had been making late payments I wouldn’t even be posting here because it would be self explanatory but this is just an insult. I even spoke with O2 on Twitter and they assured me I’ll be able to upgrade on the date shown if I manage my account well with no further credit checks. Here’s proof of that as well…(and it again showing 2 months)

IMG_0528.jpeg

Message 3 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Just a thought. You said you paid early. 

Usually, they look on you better if you pay by Direct Debit 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a direct debit setup but yes I paid early. That’s not a bad thing and certainly shouldn’t warrant a punishment like this…

Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122996 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a direct debit setup but yes I paid early. That’s not a bad thing and certainly shouldn’t warrant a punishment like this…

@Anonymous 

No it shouldn't. Just give sales a call, mention your correspondence with O2 on Twitter and I'm sure your upgrade date will be returned to the first one given.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m going crazy now I’m literally talking to them right now. I was talking to sales and they said that it shouldn’t have changed and that it’s the “system” that changed it. And that she thought I’d confused the system by paying early. She transferred me through to upgrades who she said have access to all that data and I re-explained the situation to upgrades who then placed me on hold while they went to talk to somebody else. Instead of coming back to me I suddenly got transferred to someone else (Indian sounding) who’s now very confused with what my problem is and doesn’t seem to know what on earth she’s talking about. “Are you trying to place a new order?” You need to speak to sales. No I’m not trying to place a new order. 41 minutes later and having now explained the situation THREE times to THREE different people I’m now talking to someone who’s even more clueless than the first two people. She’s just come back off hold to tell me she spoke with payment management team who apparently cannot find a reason why the date has been changed. Now she’s telling me she cannot find the answers. And how else can she help me today? 51 minutes later…wasted my time. Please advise??

Message 7 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

I'll ask one of the Forum Advisors to take a look

They will message you here

@O2Emma can you help @Anonymous 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks please do. I just edited my last reply to add some more information. Nobody seems to know anything. Everyone’s as confused as me.

Message 9 of 16

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Anonymous I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 10 of 16