Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade date extended by 3 months

Rooney
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I was due my upgrade in 1 month but I’ve looked at my upgrade status and it’s been extended by 3 months. I’ve never missed a payment or anything so can’t understand why this has happened.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

There have been instances of this happening, for some weird reason (if you search forum for 'extended by 3 months' in the search bar up top). No satisfactory answer from O2 in some cases, a "computer says no, come back in 3 months" response, @Rooney.

As nobody on the forum can access your account, you are going to have to contact O2 on 202 around 08:15 this morning, or reach out to the O2 Social Media Team via Twitter, link just below this post. If you keep it friendly, they might be able to correct the error and put you back on track for upgrade in 4 weeks' time. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

There have been instances of this happening, for some weird reason (if you search forum for 'extended by 3 months' in the search bar up top). No satisfactory answer from O2 in some cases, a "computer says no, come back in 3 months" response, @Rooney.

As nobody on the forum can access your account, you are going to have to contact O2 on 202 around 08:15 this morning, or reach out to the O2 Social Media Team via Twitter, link just below this post. If you keep it friendly, they might be able to correct the error and put you back on track for upgrade in 4 weeks' time. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

Rooney
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been told it’s because I’ve not met the minimum term and credit history, but that don’t make sense because I was given a 3 month wait based on that at the start and now given a further 3 months 

Message 3 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sorry to say that in my experience these times given at sign up are just a ploy given by the agent to clinch a sale

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

O2's credit check requirements make no sense at all.

I was referred for checks on a recent purchase despite having had 4 O2 accounts for many years and never defaulted on any.

Totally senseless and bizarre.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Rooney
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I mean, I was not planning to upgrade until the iPhone 15 comes out in about 10 months anyway but I hope it don’t get extended again 

Message 6 of 9

Rooney
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And now it’s gone back to 1 month lol

Happy new year 02 community 😂❤️

Message 7 of 9

pgn
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Well, O2 came from Cellnet, and Genie in the mix - so occasionally, he likes to add confusion ... 🥂🤣

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122990 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Rooney wrote:

And now it’s gone back to 1 month lol

Happy new year 02 community 😂❤️

@Rooney 

A nice New Years present for you ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit