cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/cancel contract 2 months early

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm on O2 pay monthly and have been for well over 5 years. My current 18 month contract expires at the start of March and I've been looking for new phones.
Basically, I can get a HTC Desire HD on T-mobile for £30 a month and I'd have to pay £29.99 for the phone. The best O2 offers is the older version of the phone (HTC Desire) for £30.64 a month plus £152.17 for the phone.
So I can get a much better deal elsewhere on a phone that I'm told O2 don't sell. Minutes+text+data are both pretty much the same.
I'd like to pay off my contract but I must transfer my number to the new network. Will they give me the PAC code early or must I wait till my contract is up? I thought I could just get the T-mobile deal but don't want the hassle of having to give everyone a new number.
Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can request a PAC at any time but as you know you will be required to pay a termination fee to the end of your contract (not just your upgrade date).
One thing you may want to consider is that deals change all the time - just because it's at 'x' price now it doesn't mean it won't be in March.
O2 will be releasing Q1-2011 tariff codes around about that time and no doubt things will be different.
wink
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can request a PAC at any time but as you know you will be required to pay a termination fee to the end of your contract (not just your upgrade date).
One thing you may want to consider is that deals change all the time - just because it's at 'x' price now it doesn't mean it won't be in March.
O2 will be releasing Q1-2011 tariff codes around about that time and no doubt things will be different.
wink

Somebody needs to tell them that in the meantime, they will be losing a fortune in business.
These days, people are more frugal and better informed.
O2 often appears insular to me, lost in their own world of how to make, make, make! It's threads like this that make me wish we had a substantial offical O2 contribution in here.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

they did me a good deal last time when I was looking at moving to 3, so I'm hoping they can do similar this time, but they don't do the phone I really want. I can get an early upgrade in February, so I'll probably wait till then and see what they can offer me or if they get the Desire HD
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the best thing you can do is what makes you happy.
I hope you can get a good deal wink
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I GOT 900 MINS UNLIMTED TEXT FOR 35POUNDS 0N 02 AT CAR PHONE WAREHOUSE PLUS PAYING EXTRA 5.11 FOR 750MEG DATA WIFI.but looks like they my be giving me 500 mg free and cancelling my 750 mg and its the phone you want
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm on O2 pay monthly and have been for well over 5 years. My current 18 month contract expires at the start of March and I've been looking for new phones.
Basically, I can get a HTC Desire HD on T-mobile for £30 a month and I'd have to pay £29.99 for the phone. The best O2 offers is the older version of the phone (HTC Desire) for £30.64 a month plus £152.17 for the phone.
So I can get a much better deal elsewhere on a phone that I'm told O2 don't sell. Minutes+text+data are both pretty much the same.
I'd like to pay off my contract but I must transfer my number to the new network. Will they give me the PAC code early or must I wait till my contract is up? I thought I could just get the T-mobile deal but don't want the hassle of having to give everyone a new number.
Thanks

Have you checked the Phones 4 u website? The HTC Desire HD handset is free with all their tariffs. I'm due an upgrade at the start of Feb and think if o2 haven't got the handset I'll be upgrading through them.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked the Phones 4 u website? The HTC Desire HD handset is free with all their tariffs. I'm due an upgrade at the start of Feb and think if o2 haven't got the handset I'll be upgrading through them.

I looked, I think they're all 24 month contracts though, I definitely want 18 month, I won't be able to go 2 years without wanting a new phone!
The T-mobile deal is at buymobilephones.net
http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-p ... 30-(18mths)/7481139
I GOT 900 MINS UNLIMTED TEXT FOR 35POUNDS 0N 02 AT CAR PHONE WAREHOUSE PLUS PAYING EXTRA 5.11 FOR 750MEG DATA WIFI.but looks like they my be giving me 500 mg free and cancelling my 750 mg and its the phone you want

that works out £10 a month more than T-mobile! I'm not too bothered about minutes 600 is more than enough for me.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked, I think they're all 24 month contracts though, I definitely want 18 month, I won't be able to go 2 years without wanting a new phone!
The T-mobile deal is at buymobilephones.net
http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-p ... 30-(18mths)/7481139
Look again mate there's 4 18 month contracts there. I wouldn't be signing up to a 24 month contract either!
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_con ... &NetKey=11
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm, interesting, but it doesn't mention data...I guess you'd need one of those £5 bolt-ons for that? Making it £35 a month.
Message 10 of 15