cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Lies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I upgraded in November and got a shiny Iphone 6 and a new contract with more data. As part of the deal I also managed to get free O2 Tracks. Given that I went through the upgrade process over Chat, I was able to spell out the deal before finally agreeing to the upgrade. 

I have just been in contact with O2 customer service and apparently I was "misinformed" by the upgrade adviser and O2 Tracks is actually not free i.e. I was lied to.

At this point all I am receiving are apologies for the misinformation from O2 customer service, however as a customer who has been with  the network for a few years and who is out of poacket I am not satisfied with this shoddy treatment. My mistake in all this was that I didnt have the chat trascript emailed to myself. As such I wanted to warn everyone else considering an upgrade to ensure that you keep a transcript fo the Chat so that you cant be "misinformed" as well.

I cant think of any situation where I have been as blatantly lied to as this.

Best regards.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

It is my understanding that you get O2 tracks FOC for the first month. Thereafter there is a monthly charge. Perhaps this is where the "confusion" has arisen.

Best thing to do is as suggested on this thread go back to CS and explain the issue and what you were told. If you dont want O2 tracks cancel it and you wont get charged anymore if you do then some negotiation is clearly needed. If you have an iphone 6, Itunes is a better bet anyway::smileyhappy:

Additionally when you do go back to CS go though to someone that is on the "other issues with my account" team as they are normally a lot more helpful.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You upgraded via live chat, that's the first mistake.

Escalate the complaint through the complaints process.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The chat notes should be on your account so ask CS to review them in the first instance.
If you wish to escalate the complaint the process to follow is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It can sometimes depend on who you talk with at customer Services on 202 to how they deal with a situation.

Perhaps give them a call back and speak to another agent and they may resolve this for you.

If not then by all means complete the online complaint form and wait 7 days for a response.
Message 4 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

It is my understanding that you get O2 tracks FOC for the first month. Thereafter there is a monthly charge. Perhaps this is where the "confusion" has arisen.

Best thing to do is as suggested on this thread go back to CS and explain the issue and what you were told. If you dont want O2 tracks cancel it and you wont get charged anymore if you do then some negotiation is clearly needed. If you have an iphone 6, Itunes is a better bet anyway::smileyhappy:

Additionally when you do go back to CS go though to someone that is on the "other issues with my account" team as they are normally a lot more helpful.

Message 5 of 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

When I signed up to pay monthly in September I did it on livechat. (silly mistake but I didn't know at the time how 'not good' they can be) Once the deal was agreed I got the chat emailed to me.  When it was set up, the second month I wasn't given my discount so I called O2 CS and read the chat to them and they put the credit on my account. 

In future, if you use livechat. always get the chat emailed to you at the end because otherwise O2 sometimes cannot find the chat and therefore you have no evidence of what was said.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

When I signed up to pay monthly in September I did it on livechat. (silly mistake but I didn't know at the time how 'not good' they can be) Once the deal was agreed I got the chat emailed to me.  When it was set up, the second month I wasn't given my discount so I called O2 CS and read the chat to them and they put the credit on my account. 

In future, if you use livechat. always get the chat emailed to you at the end because otherwise O2 sometimes cannot find the chat and therefore you have no evidence of what was said.

But your problem was resolved during the first call to CS, which is within the bounds of acceptable service, right?

Message 7 of 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It was resolved within 2 livechats but yes it was within a reasonable period of time.  My only pain was that I had to contact them to remind them to apply the credit.  It could of been a genuine mistake I guess.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about that @DoctorFuzz . 

Great advice @gemz4the1 , it's very important to always get the chat emailed to you to avoid any future misunderstandings.

Message 9 of 9