Did you mean: 

Unused SIM card

SET1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear o2

haven’t registered the SIM card and have no intention of using it. Therefore, I am not legally obliged to pay for a service I have not used.

I have  previously attempted to contact yourselves on numerous occasions but to no avail. For example, waiting 40 minutes to finally get through to an advisor only for them to terminate the call. On other occasions I have waited 30 minutes for my call to be answered before giving up.

Best regards

Steven Turnbull

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@SET1 

Used or not you are liable to pay for it and will be hounded by debt collectors if not cancelled correctly.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

SET1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I clearly stated, I've followed all procedures. If I can't contact them, how do I cancel it. Simple. I will certainly not be paying them. 

Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10256 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@SET1 

All the ways to cancel the contract have been provided to you, you need to make contact with o2, and that means staying on the phone or writing to them (by letter to cancel), or get a PAC or STAC code.. 

Just because you don't activate a sim for a contract YOU  signed up for, doesnt absolve you of paying the contract..  

And good luck with OfCom who will tell you to go away 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Feel free to carry on in the belief that you are correct, but I can assure you 100% that it will not end well for you.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6719 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Come to this late, but it sounds like it may be a SIM sent to you as part of a Volt Contract. If that is the case then cancelling the SIM may require you renegotiating your package with Virgin. Also, there will be a minimum term to the contract before which you will have to pay termination fees.

If this is not the case, fine, but if it is be warned of the consequences 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6114 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SET1 

Have you tried engaging with the O2 complaints' team ? They might well be able to provide you with clarity on what you actually owe and what rights you have or don't have. 

And why did you get a SIM when you have no intention of using it ?  

Message 7 of 11

SET1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

‘hounded by debt collectors’. For £12 🤔👍

Message 8 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6719 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

@SET1 wrote:

‘hounded by debt collectors’. For £12 🤔👍

Plus late and collectors charges coming up

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 11

SET1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s £12.

Message 10 of 11