Did you mean: 

Unsure how to resolve issues

Johnsmith03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My situation is,

I was mis-sold on my contract at O2. O2 admitted this, and fairly agreed to let me terminate my contract mid-contract, refunding all SIM costs I paid, and all future SIM cost (so I’d just need to pay the device),

upon the device being cancelled, I was never asked to pay the rest of the device, my final bill was actually for minus £90 (the sim cost they had refunded me), turns out the reason O2 never asked me for the device cost (despite me calling up repeatedly and them saying I owe nothing), is because the agent who closed my account put down I died. 

my credit file is now completely destroyed because of O2 and their incompetence, as my credit bureau thinks I’m dead - nice one O2!

upon calling up to get this resolved, it’s a vicious cycle of me calling up, getting transferred about and then someone hanging up on me.

ive called up 10-20 times in the last few months, each time I get hung up on.

i have repeatedly been told it has “been escalated” and a manager “will call me tomorrow”. I have not been called once, and every time I call the agent is very sympathetic, but I get nowhere.

i don’t know where else to turn, O2 has ruined my life by putting down that I’ve died - I can’t fix it as only O2 can, and every time I call they hang up on me and lie about a manager calling me back.

ive been in store and they say I can only get help for this over the phone.

i really don’t know what to do, O2s idea was to “reopen the contract” so they can then close it up correctly this time, well I was also lied to on that as now they’ve reopened it the issue hasn’t been fixed at all, I’m calling multiple times a day everyday and getting nowhere. Just fake promises of a manger “100% going to call me back”. What do I do??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144461 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Johnsmith03 

Use Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Johnsmith03
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve already made multiple official complaints, have told I’ll hear back within 30 days and nothing. This is the most frustrating situation I’ve been in. I’m convinced O2 has F’d up tremendously and doesn’t know how to fix it so they just don’t help. I really don’t know what to do, surely O2s policies would be to atleast send me an email at the bare minimum with a reply? This has been doing on for months now.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144461 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Johnsmith03 

If no resolution after 8 weeks you can escalate to the Ombudsman.

Details in the link given.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Johnsmith03
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5,

I have called up once again today, after the agent reviewed the notes, saw there was multiple callback requests yet no callbacks, she put me directly through to a manager.

the manager said they’ll call the relevant team for me tomorrow on my behalf and get back to me tomorrow with the information on how to proceed. I’m not holding up much hope but as a manager did give me this info I’ll cross my fingers.

if no callback tomorrow I’ll contact the Ombudsman tomorrow and hopefully they can help - thank you.

also just a random side note but I wanted to say I actually recognise your name for when I’ve looked up random questions relating to O2 in the past and you were the highlighted answers, you must be a very active member of these forums, just wanted to say a huge thank you for taking time out of your day to answer people’s questions and help people - I honestly appreciate it a lot and I’m sure a lot of others do too! slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144461 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

we try our best to make up for the woeful customer service but obviously are limited in what we can do here.

Good luck mate and hope all gets sorted for you soon.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7