Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPad Pro on O2 Refresh plan

Shish
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

I'd imagine this is a niche market, to be honest (last reference I can find on here about unlocking iPads is back from 2014).

I'd just had my iPhone 6S unlocked a month ago (before upgrading to the 7 last week).

They couldn't tell me in the shop when I would be able to unlock the iPad, or if at all,  so I wasn't sure whether to get it on Refresh or just buy a new one from Apple to make sure I could use it abroad.

Decided to take a risk and just work around it if I couldn't get it done.  Submitted an unlock request after 24 hours, and a few days later, got an email saying:

"The IMEI you have provided has been returned from the manufacturer as not being latched to the O2 network."

So it looks like iPads don't come locked on O2.

Thought it might be useful information for someone slight_smile

Cheers

Shish

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use it abroad by Just using wifi but I myself have never heard of unlocking an iPad
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good to know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Although I am quite surprised to hear they don't come locked to O2?...Strange really

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I guess it may be variable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5