Did you mean: 

Unlatching an old O2 phone

SJK19016
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I have an Xperia M2 that I  previously used on O2 Pay Monthly. The phone has been unused since I swapped to another phone and another provider. I now want to unlock (latch ?) the Xperia to give to a friend to use on another network.

I have provided the IMEI number to O2 and they have sent me a 16 digit unlock code with the following instructions :

" Unlatching a Sony Ericsson device :
 Power on the device with a non O2 UK SIM card.
 The device will show: SIM network unlock PIN.
 Enter the unlock code NCK for the network lock and press Unlock.
 The device will pop up a message : Network unlock successful. "

I have done the above, BUT I do not get prompted to enter the code. The phone just says "No SIM Card -No Service.

I have tried both a Factory reset, and a Software repair using Xperia Companion, and neither has made any difference.  The SIM from the other network , works fine in my other unlocked phone so I know that it isn't damaged.

Any one have any ideas, or can suggest anything that I've missed.

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sounds like the phone isn't recognising the SIM, try a different one, and make sure it's fully inserted and correctly aligned in the SIM tray.
Message 3 of 5

SJK19016
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies: 

Jonsie, I am not getting the option to enter the code at all, that's the point my friend 

Viridis, the sim will only go in one way and click into place, so I'm confident it's inserted properly. As per my post I know the sim isn't damaged as it works ok in another phone.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SJK19016 

Sounds like the phone is faulty then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5