Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair charges

Hooverman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being charged £9  for 2 apparant calls to 118118 in october,but I would never use DE even on my land line.Informed 02 and they have put in a complaint.I admit to using pictures sending,but I wont pay for items I havent had.Perhaps as its xmas they are after bonuses.I dont like 02 attitude,came here at begining of year as offering free messges and free free calls and free data at £20 a month.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions
Tariffs don’t include calls or texts to premium rate numbers so they are always charged extra.
See help here
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 123638 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@HoovermanYou can check your usage in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Also if you came to O2 at the beginning of the year as you state ..then you wouldn't be getting free data.

So I would also check what tariff you are on. Also via My O2..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions
Tariffs don’t include calls or texts to premium rate numbers so they are always charged extra.
See help here
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Does anyone else have access to your phone?

Did you leave it lying unattended or did anyone ask to borrow it?

Do the phone logs show the calls?

Could you have dialled the number accidentally? 

Is it possible you had TU installed on another device at the time and someone used that? 

Simple fact is 118118 was called using your account twice. The responsibility is yours I'm afraid. Check the date and time of the calls.  

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23315 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

@Hooverman Calls to 118118 don't magically appear. You'd have to be specific about hitting those numbers. If you didn't make the calls, then someone else probably used your phone. When you say your offer was for free messages it means text messages. You have most likely been sending multi-media messages, or texts of more than 160 characters or texts with emojis which are not free. Your data isn't free. There is a set limit. O2 doesn't offer a package with free unlimited data. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5