Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised payment from remote games

DekuKid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently went to pay my monthly bill and I saw the tariff charge was a little more this month so I went to find out why and it says on the things I bought that I made a payment of £4.50 to remote games, I don't even know what it is nor have I even heard of it, I've never used my O2 account to buy anything other than paying my bill each month, I doubt I'll be able to get the £4.50 refunded but I just want to make sure it doesn't keep happening, especially when I've had no texts or emails to confirm this payment which worries me

I thought I'd best see if the community can help first before I contact O2, thank you in advance.

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DekuKid, sorry to hear that you've had unwanted charges on your bill. 😞 Please do take a look at the guide linked above by @Bambino as it should give you some next steps with this, and let us know if you have any additional questions or comments. 

Message 3 of 17

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@DekuKid wrote:
Hi, I recently went to pay my monthly bill and I saw the tariff charge was a little more this month so I went to find out why and it says on the things I bought that I made a payment of £4.50 to remote games, I don't even know what it is nor have I even heard of it, I've never used my O2 account to buy anything other than paying my bill each month, I doubt I'll be able to get the £4.50 refunded but I just want to make sure it doesn't keep happening, especially when I've had no texts or emails to confirm this payment which worries me

I thought I'd best see if the community can help first before I contact O2, thank you in advance

@DekuKid

Remote Games are a 'Payforit' scam. They exploit the vulnerabilities of the 'Payforit' system to sign up consumers to their service without their knowlege or consent.

You need to get the subscription stopped and to insist on a full refund. You can do this by calling them on the number given in the subscription text. If they refuse a refund, the threat of a Small Clams Court action will usually change their minds.

For comprehensive (and independent) informtion and advice on these scams, visit the link in my signature.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 4 of 17

DekuKid
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I contacted O2 about it yesterday, they blocked them from charging me again hopefully and I texted stop to the number O2 gave me so hopefully it doesn't happen again, I don't really want to contact remote games themselves but if it happens again I'll contact them, it's only £4.50 so I'll just pay that this once unless it happens again but O2 said it shouldn't happen again, I'm very careful online and what links I click on, I know what is dodgy and what isn't so I'm not sure how this happened in the first place
Message 5 of 17

shadow36
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This scam has been going on for about three years not only on O2 customers but across all networks.   I find it hard to believe that all the network providers cannot get together and shut these scammers down   Another way of looking at it is that O2 are paying these scammers on my behalf.   I have not authirised O2 to pay this money so they must take some of the blame for the scam

Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@shadow36If you or anyone else wants to avoid this in future, then contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  and ask them to put the following bars on your account.

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

shadow36
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for thay I will give it a go

Message 8 of 17

shadow36
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was easy to do. I did it via the chat line
Message 9 of 17

Snowstorm
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had £4.50/week taken from my account. o2 refuse to take responsibility of this matter. I persisted as they are the one taking money from my account. I was refunded £106. I also asked for a block on third party cost tl be added to my account.
Message 10 of 17