Did you mean: 

Unauthorised Fraudulent Tariff change

GCHBS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to lodge a formal complaint concerning significant issues I encountered with O2 services.

On April 25th, I contacted O2 to cancel a 1GB data plan associated with my iPad Air. Despite clearly stating my intention to cancel, the advisor (whom  I believe was named JOH) persistently attempted to divert the conversation towards alternative options, disregarding my repeated request. Again and again I declined and stated my one and only purpose for my call.
Undeterred and to my amazement the advisor changed tack and stated that they had looked at my account again and noticed there were other devices attached to it. The advisor then proceeded to tell me about potential tariff “deals” on a phone attached to the account namely (REMOVED) IPhone 13 Pro Max. Again and again I repeatedly declined all offers and reiterated the purpose of my call. Again and again the advisor attempted to talk about my other device.
Finally upon agreeing to cancel the IPad data plan, I was informed that this wouldn’t take place until the end of May. After failing to ascertain a clear explanation why, I asked for an email confirming the cancellation of the iPad data plan.
To further exacerbate an already farcical and incredibly frustrating situation , the  email I received was infact, an automated email confirming a tariff change for the device (REMOVED) (the iPhone) and essentially a new 24 month contract.
I was shocked. At no point did I consent to this drastic change.
I contacted o2 once more, explained the situation and was told; this WAS an unauthorised change and the advisor would be formally dealt with. However, the new ‘contract’ could not be reversed!!! Absolutely unbelievable- I asked to speak to a manager and was told I would be contacted today.
There is more to this saga re further incredible conversations  I’ve endured today, which if necessary, I will recount on request.
To summarise, The treatment I received during all interactions was utterly disgraceful. The advisor continuously ignored my requests and attempted to upsell other products, displaying a lack of professionalism and disregard for my concerns.

It is unacceptable that O2 would unilaterally change my tariff without consent, and the poor handling of my initial request compounds the issue further. I demand an immediate reversal of the unauthorized tariff change, an explanation for this error and some form of additional recourse.
I have been a loyal o2 customer for approximately 20 years. I am now really struggling to find any reason why I should remain a customer.

I trust that O2 will address these grievances promptly and take appropriate measures to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Glen Hobbs
Sent from my iPad

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@GCHBS 

This is not O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I suggest you put your complaint in writing to O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2