Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to switch from payg to monthly roll over, card declined

Worm3rd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’m on payg and it looks like it’d be worth my while to switch to monthly roll over. Problem is it fails each time saying 

“We could not take payment

You may want to try again using a different card”

I can top off just fine with the same card. I messaged the bank account on the card and they said that there’s nothing locked/blocked on their side and looks like “o2 needs to approve payment”

searching other posts, the only I found that maybe applies was to switch payment to “international” since this isn’t a British specific card but I don’t have this option on this particular transaction. 

I’ve tried everything else I can think of aside from…..calling in (I have a bit of anxiety talking to unknown person on phone and am trying to avoid that)

any thoughts on what can be done?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Worm3rd
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Long story short. What we guessed is that the rollover plans are only for uk residents of at least 1 year of which I am not. How it knows that from my card? Shrugs

also, the plan that came up on my app, they didn’t recognise.  Just odd. But chopping this one up to me not bring resident British 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Worm3rd If you can contact O2 via social media they should be able to help you:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Alternatively, call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Worm3rd
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Long story short. What we guessed is that the rollover plans are only for uk residents of at least 1 year of which I am not. How it knows that from my card? Shrugs

also, the plan that came up on my app, they didn’t recognise.  Just odd. But chopping this one up to me not bring resident British 

Message 3 of 5

Worm3rd
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I wanted to provide an update. I was finally able to switch to monthly plan. I was just persistent and kept add it. Guessing it had nothing to do with me not officially having an address.  I think their website is a bit buggy.  I discovered I was a bit behind on keeping the payg topped up and it took me 20+ minutes to add credit to keep the number.  

don’t know if I just finally found the secret to switch to monthly or if they just started allowing it but I am finally monthly.  

just wanted to update everyone

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

Glad that's sorted and that you are happy ! 😀

Message 5 of 5