Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to leave O2 - next option is to contact Ombudsman

RichC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted O2 yesterday, as my 24 month contract expires on 14/2/21 to let them know I wouldn't be renewing my contract. After the call had ended (I spoke to an agent called Daniel). I received an e-mail notifying me that I had moved onto a new 12 month contract. I had not agreed or even discussed this with the agent. I called customer services again and spoke to George, who advised that my account would be restored to its orginal contract and I'd receive a confirmation.

I checked today and nothing had changed I called up customer services again spoke to 3 agents (Jodie/Tania/?) who all told me they'd resolve my issue. I then check my account after Tania (I think was her name sent me this mail.

Hello RICHARD,

Thank you for caling 02 customer service. We do apologise for the
incovience this has caused. A tarrif transfer has been actioned on
16.01.21 to move you back to your old tarrif UnlimitedMins:24M:2GB and
cancel any new tarrif that you were put on, please be advised that the
request was submitted on the weekend and can only be actioned within the
next working day. We are aware that you are moving o2 on the 14.02.214,
all direct debits will be cancelled there after. You will be put back
onto your old tarrif on a 24 month payment term which is due to end on
14.02.21. For any further queries relating to this. Please contact us

I checked my account again, as I received notification of a change mail. Expecting to see it restored back to expire on 14/2/21. To find I'm now on £55 per month 24 month tariff for 2gb of data! Again a change to my account thats I've not asked for.

I tried mailing the customer service email but it bounced back so I am raising on here in the hope that someone will contact me to resolve this issue once and for all. So I can leave O2 on 14/2 and never have anything to do with them again. If this doesn't get resolved tomorrow the next step will be a complaint raised with the telecom ombudsman.

Mail I sent earlier that has bounced.

Hi 

I've checked my account tonight, and it's now showing tariff change that I'm on a £55 per month contract. 

As per the mail below, I was sent after our call today, my old tariff (that expires on 14/2/21) is what I am supposed to be moved back to, not a new contract. 

All this began because of the action Daniel on the retention/leaving team took (without my consent) when I spoke to him on Saturday,  to advise O2 I would be leaving when my current contract expired on 14/02/21. 
The action he then took (without my consent) to move me to a new 12 month contract, has caused me anxiety and stress trying to rectify it. I have now spent several hours speaking to 8+ O2 customer service agents, who have all told me they would resolve this issue but it's still unresolved. 

I want this issue resolved tomorrow, with confirmation that my account has been restored to expire on 14/2 with my last payment of £27 due on 28/1/21 along with confirmation that I will then leave O2 on 14/2/21 when the 24 month contract ends with no further contact from O2 past that date.  I also want to know what O2 can do to compensate me for 4+ hours of my time lost over the course of this weekend. 
I'll be contacting the Mobile Telephony ombudsman if it's not resolved tomorrow. 

image.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2Lisa 

can you help please.

@RichC 

@O2Lisa will be on at 8.00am tomorrow.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 smiling

I can see you've messaged me privately @RichC

I'm just getting through all my notifications and I'll be replying shortlysmiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

RichC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, thanks for letting me know. I'd prefer a call before 8.30 please, I have meeting back to back most of the day.

Thanks

Richard

Message 4 of 4