Did you mean: 

Turning phone off to transfer number

Eris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I signed up to O2 over the weekend, entering my PAC to transfer my number from Three.

Yesterday I received a text, telling me I had to turn my phone off until 6pm today, in order for the number to be transferred over. 

Does anyone know if this is my new O2 phone, my old Three phone or both please? 

I've not transferred networks before, and never had to turn my phone off when transferring my number from one Three phone to another. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Eris 

The process starts with your Three sim turning off so you'll see no signal on it.

At that point you can turn on your O2 sim and see if it gets a signal, if not turn off for 30 mins and try again.

Keep doing so until you get a signal. 

Usually this will be 2 to 4 hours from when your old sim turns off but can take up to 24 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Eris 

The process starts with your Three sim turning off so you'll see no signal on it.

At that point you can turn on your O2 sim and see if it gets a signal, if not turn off for 30 mins and try again.

Keep doing so until you get a signal. 

Usually this will be 2 to 4 hours from when your old sim turns off but can take up to 24 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Eris
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 That's really useful - thank you! slight_smile So I can keep my Three phone switched on, until I notice that the signal has gone?

(Although the irony is that I left Three after 15 years because of the lack of signal, so I am concerned as to how I will notice the difference 😂

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Eris 

LOL slight_smile

Yes, keep it on until no signal.

You then know the process has started.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Eris
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Amazing - thank you so much!! 😀

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good luck with it @Eris 

Any problems or further questions, just come back and we'll try to help.

Welcome to the forum and have a great day slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6